you are warmly invited to our next
La Leche League meeting
Tuesday 20th of October 10-12noon
Church of Ascension,
venue of Acorns Parent & Child group.
The meeting will be facilitated by Maria Yasnova (LLL Leader).
La Leche League Leaders are mothers who have breastfed their own babies and are trained to provide breastfeeding help. As volunteers they provide information and support by telephone and email and lead local support meetings for mothers.
La Leche League aims to provide information and encouragement, mainly through mother-to-mother support to all women, who want to breastfeed their babies.
La Leche League can help you when you:
- are expecting a baby and want to know more about how to breastfeed
- are already breastfeeding and want help with particular challenges
- need information on starting solids or weaning
- want to meet other breastfeeding mums and share experiences
- want to read more about breastfeeding, birth and parenting
We plan to cover the wide range of topics in our meetings, including:
- why breastfeeding is good for mothers, babies and society
- preparation and expectations
- getting breastfeeding off to a good start
- overcoming or avoiding challenges and difficulties
- family life with a baby
- night-time parenting and infant sleep
- returning to work
- starting solids and weaning
Babies, toddlers and older siblings are welcome at our meetings.
You are welcome to bring a healthy snack to share, but you don't have to. The meetings are free for all.
Please consider texting/calling Maria Yasnova on 07811825107 if you plan to attend and to confirm the meeting is taking place as sometimes they need to be cancelled for emergency reasons.
For up-to-date news please
join our mailing list